Friday, July 12, 2013

All the world's a stage...

Tuesday 7/9: Stratford-upon-Avon

My class took a day trip to Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare, on Tuesday.  We didn't have any appointments to visit institutions, so we were pretty much free to do whatever.  I'm not really a fan of Shakespeare (gasp!), so I just wandered around the town exploring for most of the day, and spent the later part of the afternoon in a coffeeshop working on the blog and other internet-related work.

The treat of the day was later that night, as we had tickets to see As You Like It performed at the Royal Shakespeare Company.  I have read that play back in school (a long, long time ago) but had not yet seen it performed.  This was a modernized interpretation, and it was excellent.  I really liked everything about it... well, except for the weird dancing at the beginning - I really don't know how to explain it, it was just strange. But overall, it was really good, and again I am just awestruck at all of the awesome things I get to do on this trip.


Shakespeare's Birthplace

Photos from C.Boddie

No comments:

Post a Comment